As its halfway point [can you believe we’re halfway through March already?!] I thought it would be a good time to share how I’m going with my challenge for the month. I’ve got to be honest though, I easily spend 31 minutes a day doing something for myself – I’m very lucky in that respect. So as well as document anything I do that brings me joy in my spare time during the day, I’ve also chosen to use the opportunity to challenge myself creatively as well. So a couple of self-imposed rules – these are in no way connected with the challenge so don’t let me put you off joining in the fun!
- No spend to go into these little journal – must use from stash!
- No photos – because of course that would be spend wouldn’t it, but also it’s my go-to in any spread. I wanted to see if I could find another focus point on a layout without a photo to help
- Make it in super quick time! I’ve allocated just 5 mins per day to update a page [2 days’ worth of content]
It’s been refreshingly easier than I thought to achieve. I thought it would be a stretch [well, that’s the whole point right?] but I’m feeling in the flow with this and its a welcome change from the time/pressure I put on myself to make my project life layouts just perfect for prosperity.
So what do you reckon so far? Here are some of my tips if you fancy giving it a go!
- Dedicated supplies left out ready to rock. I’m using project life/journal cards, WRMK Crush die-cuts [cut in half to make go twice as far when tucked behind those cards!]
- I’m also using aliedwards left over ‘week in the life’ sentiments for continuity and the wordings are so perfect for this too.
- I’m also making use of the scrapbooking paper to cut out more embellishments – always love this trick knowing it will be cohesive without searching for something – which helps to speed up the process and keep costs down!
- Lastly, my all time favourite, get out the sequins, scatter and glue.