If you read my blog yesterday you’ll know I got swept away with a new Facebook Group – Confessions of a Paper Addict. It’s a newly formed group and they were setting lots of challenges and give-aways – of course my competitive capricorn spirit came out in full force!
One of the challenges was to replicate a layout based on one created by a crafter you admire. My choice was obvious. The original layout below is by My Little Journal – I’m addicted to her YouTube channel. If you’ve not seen it, definitely check it out here – here style is so elegant and clean, she makes everything look easy.
Check out My Little Journal’s YouTube process video here to see how this gorgeous creation came together in just 15 mins
This is my homage to this gorgeous layout – and I have to say I’m pretty damn proud of it! Granted I won’t be able to carve out a career in forgery but I love the overall effect all the same.
So how did it come together?
- I had to create my own paper background with acrylic paint – that was probably the hardest part
- I did have some little TV’s but they were far too big, so I only managed to squeeze 2 TV shows on the page instead of 3. That said, This is my 2019 TV Show Traveler’s Notebook and I do normally only have 2 per page anyway
- Of course I didn’t have the same stamp set, but managed to repurpose this one [an old Studio Calico set] to make do
- I had some scrap packaging from Pink Fresh puffy stickers that had this perfect grid effect in exactly the right size – was meant to be 🙂
- Whilst I’m happy with the overall result, I have to say, I feel like a complete fraud copying someone else’s design. I know it was for a challenge and I jumped at the chance to get involved, but as I was doing it, it felt, just, I don’t know, wrong? What do you think? We all see and share great ideas with our creations, but to copy like for like? Hmmm, think this one will definitely be a one-off original copy for me