Hi, I’m here with my second blog using the June Scrapping Fun Kit.
If you’ve not seen my first blog, you can check it out here – I made some cute baby cards.
For this blog though, I wanted to use the rest of the kit and make a layout in my Project Life Album.
If you’ve not familiar with Project Life, check out www.beckyhiggins.com, where you can find more info. Basically its a easy way to journal your memories using 12×12 plastic pockets, where you can insert photos and journalling cards etc. Most people do a spread each week, but as it can soon mount up into a lot of storage space, so I do one spread each month, as well as random ones, such as birthdays, Christmas etc.
There are many different designs on the 12×12 page protectors, on this spread I’ve used one that includes four 6×4 pockets, and three 4×4 pockets.
To start with I used the cute little ‘sleepy cuddles’ sentiment which was included in the kit. I heat embossed these so make them blue, and backed them onto the plaid paper sheet which was also included in the kit.
I also added some journalling onto a sheet of tracing paper, which I added to the bottom right hand side of my spread. I attached this with staplers, and used the tissue paper from the kit as a background for this.
To finish off, I added some silver bling from my stash throughout the spread.
In the top left hand side I used the tissue sheet too as my background – I like the mix of texture this brings. I used some alphas from my stash to add my son’s name – as well as stamping ‘it’s a boy’ onto some of the left over bits of paper.
There were quite a few off-cuts of paper left, after I’d cut them down to 6×4, so I used these at the bottom of the tissue paper in a layering effect, finished off with one of the embellishments from the kit too.
It’s hard to see on the photo – but I also stamped text on a left over piece of plaid paper which I added to the elephant paper, and one of the embellishment pieces. I also cut out the tape measure to add this to the piece too.
The darkness of the piece, adds a good focal point to the centre of my spread.
Under each of my photos, I added the sentiment from one of the sheets. The flowers were also added from the kit on onto each photo to co-ordinate them both.